Certified Scrum Product Owner Training (CSPO)
The Scrum Product Owner is critical to the execution of any Scrum project and primarily accountable for success in the marketplace. This role is generally considered to be the most challenging in Scrum. A good Product Owner should be able to get at least 15 % more revenue by delivering the right product in the right order at the right time compared to companies or teams without one.
Through a combination of interactive exercises, in-depth case-studies from our own coaching experiences, and dynamic Q&A with our instructors, our training does more than prepare students for certification – it provides the tools for success.
A Certified Scrum Product Owner must:
- Be knowledgeable, available, decisive and accountable
- Knowledgeable about the customer and product
- Available to the team to clarify goals and desired output
- Able to make decisive decisions to keep the team moving ahead
- Accountable for the commercial success of the product
- Share and maintain a compelling product vision
- Build a ready Product Backlog
- Spend half the time with customers, sales, and marketing
- Spend the other half working closely with team clarifying specifications
- Maintain the release plan and strategy
Through a combination of class exercises, case studies, and Q&A our Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course does more than prepare students for a Scrum certification – it gives them the tools for success.
Students will learn how to assess business value; how to prioritize features, projects, and portfolios; and how to return real revenue with the product backlog.
While the basics of Scrum will be covered, this is an advanced course. For newcomers to Scrum we recommend our Scrum Workshop as a first step.
Duration 2 Days.
- Business Case for Scrum
- Faster, better, happier
- History of Scrum
- Agile Manifesto
- Exercise: The Snowflake Game
- The Core
- Scrum Framework
- The Scrum Product Owner Role
- Principles Behind Scrum
- Why Scrum works
- Exercise: The Dice Game
- Taxonomy of Waste
- Product Backlog
- Creating a PBL
- Simple ordering strategies
- User Stories
- Story readiness
- Vision, goal, epic and features
- Ready and Done
- Definition of done
- Key Patterns for the Scrum Product Owner
- Getting Started
- Exercise: Getting Work Done
- Handling Interrupts
- Emergency Procedure
- Scrumming the Scrum
- Good to Great
- Scrum at Scale
- Strategic Vision
- Exercise Scrum Café
- Visualize the Customer
- Humphrey’s Law
- Personas & the Backlog
- Exercise: Scrum Café
- Story Sizing and Estimation
- Why We Estimate in Scrum
- Estimating Strategies
- Exercise: Planning Poker
- Business Value and ROI
- Value Curve
- Determining Value
- Exercise: Scrum Café Quick prioritization
- Calculating Net Present Value
- Case Study: Scrum Inc. NPV
- Exercise: Scrum Café Quantitative prioritization
- Technical Debt
- Technical debt and release planning
- Dealing with technical debt
- Backlog Refinement & Decomposition
- Story Decomposition
- Exercise: Scrum Café user story refinement
- Release Planning
- Traditional Release Planning
- Release Burndown
- Release Strategies
- Exercise: Scrum Café release planning
- Feedback and Systematic Learning
- OODA Loop and Lean Startup
- Risk management
- Advanced Topics (Specific topics decided by vote and time)
- Distributed Scrum
- Scrum Metrics
- Agile Contracts
This course is designed for those who care about the business success of their products and projects: product managers, project managers, business unit leaders and business analysts.
While the basics of Scrum will be covered, this is an advanced course.
For newcomers to Scrum we recommend our Scrum Workshop as a first step.
Please note that the course is booked up quickly and that we can accommodate up to 30 participants in these courses. (we have one additional coach/trainer per 10 participants besides Jeff supporting the course).
Zurzeit haben wir keine Trainer, die das Certified Scrum Product Owner Seminar durchführen. Eventuell werden wir in Zukunft weitere Trainer haben, die den Certified Scrum Product Owner Trainings durchführen können.